So it's here! The Great British Bake Off returns to our screens this evening and has been bumped up to BBC1.
This evening also makrs the beginning of the #BeebiesBakeOff. We will be sharing some fab tips, tricks & recipes for baking with & for kids and hosting a weekly competition for you and your littlies to join in with.
All you have to do is post a link below to your recipe or baking tale and we'll choose our favourite each week. The winner will be announced the following Wednesday right here on the Beebies blog and will receive a lovely prize to help them & their tot on their way to some more baking fun!
This week I thought I'd share our recipe for the fabulous Gold Star cakes we made for the Beebies picnic a few weeks ago.
You will need
· 110g/4oz butter or margarine, softened at room temperature
· 110g/4oz caster sugar
· 2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· 110g/4oz self-raising flour
· 1-2 tbsp milk
· 1 pack of Dr Oetker Giant chocolate stars
· 1 bar of white chocolate
· 1 can of Dr Oetker Golden Shimmer Spray
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale. Beat in the eggs a little at a time and stir in the vanilla extract.
3. Fold in the flour using a large metal spoon, adding a little milk until the mixture is of a dropping consistency. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until they are half full.
4. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden-brown on top and a skewer inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
5. While the cakes are cooling. lay the chocolate stars out on a sheet of kitchen towel. Spray the stars with the shimmer spray. It may take a few layers.
6. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water. Once fully melted, using a fork drizzle the white chocolate over the top of each cake. Add a golden star on top and hey presto!
If you've any chocolate left over, why not task your tot with dipping some gold sprayed marshmallows and covering them with sprinkles? It's so much fun!
What have you been baking this week? Tell us below for your chance to win one of these Sweetpea Pantry Chocolate Giggles Baking kits! And don't forget to tweet us your links to using #BeebiesBakeOff.
Ts & Cs
UK entries only
Beebies baby store are liable for competition prizes and will be in touch to deliver your prize within 7 working days
All entries must be made before midnight on Tuesday 12th August 2014 for this weeks competition.